Make a weaving sampler/scarf of various weave structures from start to finish under the guidance of an experienced instructor on a 4 harness, 6 treadle floor loom.
Beginners will make a sampler using yarn belonging to the guild.
In this 6 session class, students will be taught:
- How to calculate and wind a warp
- How to put the warp on the loom (dress the loom)
- What the many different parts of a floor loom are and the weaving terminology that goes with it
- How to understand yarn weights and what kind of yarn is good for warp and weft
- The many different kinds of looms available to weave on
- All the different weaving tools needed (and desired!) to weave
- How to weave many structures and designs, including color and weave
- How to read weaving drafts
- Tips, tricks and troubleshooting
- And many finishing techniques
This is a deep dive into beginning weaving and will a solid foundation to go out into the world and weave on your own! Of course, a membership in the guild will also help with that.
Class dates are weekly (6 weeks):
October 4,11,18,25 November 1 & 8 from 6:00 – 9:00 pm