Bridget Flynn will lead you while you make a weaving sampler of various weave structures from start to finish under her guidance as an experienced instructor on a 4 harness, 6 treadle floor loom.
Beginners will make a sampler using cotton yarn belonging to the guild.
In this 6 session class, students will be taught:
- How to calculate and wind a warp
- How to put the warp on the loom (dress the loom)
- What the many different parts of a floor loom are and the weaving terminology that goes with it
- What kind of yarn is good for warp and weft
- All the different weaving tools needed (and desired!) to weave
- How to weave many structures and designs
- How to read basic weaving drafts
- Tips, tricks and troubleshooting
- And finishing techniques
This is a deep dive into beginning weaving and will a solid foundation to go out into the world and weave on your own! Of course, a membership in the guild will also help with that.
Class dates are weekly (6 weeks):
August 17, 24, 31 & September 7, 14 & 21) from 6:00 – 9:00 pm. Students will have the opportunity to stay later if needed to complete their weaving.
$350 Member fee
$395 Non-member fee