Melissa Terrels will guide you as you create a weaving sampler of various weave structures from start to finish under her guidance as an experienced instructor on a 4 harness, 6 treadle floor loom.
Beginners will make a sampler using cotton yarn belonging to the guild.
In this 6 session 3 week class, students will be taught:
- How to calculate and wind a warp
- How to put the warp on the loom (dress the loom)
- What the many different parts of a floor loom are and the weaving terminology that goes with it
- What kind of yarn is good for warp and weft
- All the different weaving tools needed (and desired!) to weave
- How to weave many structures and designs, learning about consistent beat and color interaction of warp and weft
- How to read basic weaving drafts
- Tips, tricks and troubleshooting
- And finishing techniques
This is a deep dive into beginning weaving and will a solid foundation to go out into the world and weave on your own! Of course, a membership in the guild will also help with that.
Class dates are weekly (3 weeks, 2 times/week):
February 12, 15, 19, 22, 26 & 29 6:30 – 9:00 pm. The class is long enough that students who miss a session will have ample time to make any lessons up.
$350 Member fee
$395 Non-member fee